For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
The conflicts in northern Mali and the Lake Chad crisis have caused major population movements towards the Diffa and Tillabéry regions. Acted is responding to the humanitarian needs of particularly vulnerable displaced populations, whose influx is weighing on pre-existing basic services and natural resources of the host populations. Acted teams have been operating in Niger since 2010, implementing programmes to ensure people’s access to water and sanitation services as well as providing support to build economic and agricultural resilience.
You will be in charge of
The Country Transparency and Compliance Manager is a key member of the Management Team at country level. She/He is responsible for Acted audit management in-country under the authority of the Country Director.
She/He is in charge of (i) controlling, on a risk-based audit approach, the implementation of Acted ’s processes in compliance with Acted ’s guidelines, specific donor guidelines, best practices and national regulations in the relevant country; (ii) developing & actively contributing to action plans agreed with country coordination in order to mitigate the identified risks, and to cope with priorities, budget constraints and organizational context.
She/He provides technical support and capacity building to the country FLATS staff to implement the action plan and address the issues.
She/He also provides technical support for donor external audits and due diligences preparation and follow-up.
She/He should comply and ensure compliance to the audit code of conduct.
1. Internal Audit management
- Implement the approved national internal audit plan: conduct and supervise internal audit missions through a risk management approach
- Control the implementation of the Acted standard guidelines and FLAT System at the capital, area and partner’s levels
- Control the compliance with country rules and regulations
- Provide support to mitigate the high risks identified
2. External audit : ensure the external audit and the due diligences preparation and follow up
3. Training sessions / lessons learned / best practices
- Capacity building and Training
- Lessons learn
- Process improvement
4. Transparency/Compliance Management
5. Team Leadership