For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Acted’s head office was set up in Paris in 2000 in order to coordinate the organisation’s activities on a global scale. Today, the head office employs 110 people in the HR, Finance, Programmes, Audit, Security, Logistics & Systems and Communications departments. These departments support the 42 Country Directorates. The head office also acts as a focal point for Acted’s management, namely the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development and the fifteen members of the Board of Directors.
You will be in charge of
The Flying Project Development Manager will undertake short-term assignments (up to 6 months) to Acted countries of intervention to provide support with 1) positioning Acted with donors, 2) leading the development of project proposals in line with Acted’s global and in-country programme strategy, 3) ensuring proper grant management and 4) building the capacity of the country team. The Flying PDM will ensure smooth internal communication and coordination with relevant departments and contributes to Acted external communication strategy.
Duties and responsabilities
- Provide in-person surge support to PD field teams in terms of proposal development, fundraising, staff capacity building and grants management (approximately 70% of time)
- Grant Management
- External and Internal Coordination
- External Communication
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations, Development or Political Science
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field, proposals development, grants management and donor relations are required
- Knowledge of the humanitarian aid system and ability to understand the donor’s systems
- External representation skills
- Ability to coordinate and manage a team
- Teamwork and team building skills, capacity building skills
- Ability to work independently and creatively in a multicultural context
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Previous field experience is required
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary defined by the Acted salary grid depending on education level and experience (between 2700€ and 3000€ net per month)
- Medical insurance, food vouchers (“tickets restaurant”) when in HQ
- 50% coverage of Paris transportation costs
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: PDM Flying / HQ
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.