For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
ACTED Occupied Palestinian Territory - OPT
Acted has been present in the West Bank since 2007 and Gaza since 2008, with 3 offices in Jerusalem, Ramallah and Gaza. The NGO intervenes to meet the needs of vulnerable populations whose living conditions have deteriorated in recent years. The teams address urgent needs, support the rehabilitation and reconstruction of homes and agricultural assets. Beyond recovery programming, Acted is also carrying out innovative initiatives to strengthen populations’ capacities in the areas of digital technologies, tourism and social entrepreneurship.
You will be in charge of
The Camp Coordinator oversees the provision of assistance and protection to camps of displaced in accordance with agreed upon standards and guidelines. The Camp Coordinator ensures activities in the camps are in line with the overall CCCM response for that country. He/she will support Camp Managers in ensuring the CCCM project(s) are run in a smooth and cost-efficient manner and in compliance with Acted’s and donors’ procedures and legal requirements.
Camp Coordination and Management
- Planning and Strategy Development
- Technical CCCM Leadership:
- Establish appropriate links with national and local authorities, State institutions, local civil society and other relevant actors
Administrative and Operational Management of CCCM Project Implementation
- Implementing Partners (if any)
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 4 years of experience in project implementation on the field, preferably in CCCM context;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to coordinate different partners;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Ability to coordinate and manage experienced staff and project activities related to CCCM;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 2700 and 2900€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Contribution to a housing allowance of up to 75% of Acted benchmark or accommodation and food provided in Acted guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: TC CCCM/OPT
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.