For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Since 2012, Acted has been responding to the complex crisis in Mali due to structural and cyclical challenges. The need for a holistic response, linking emergency response and development programming has been at the center of our interventions. Over the years, Acted has supported more than 1 million people in 6 regions (Ségou, Mopti, Gao, Menaka, Timbuktu and Bamako), with a current team of 11 international and 160 national staff.
You will be in charge of
The Deputy Country Director – Field Operations & Project Implementation is a key member of the Senior Management Team at country level. He/she will support and assist the Country Director (CD) in ensuring all projects in the country run in a smooth and cost-efficient manner and in compliance with Acted’s and donors’ procedures and legal requirements.
Project Implementation Follow-up:
- Project Planning;
- Project Implementation Follow-up;
- Project Quality Control;
- Implementing Partners;
- External Relations.
Administrative and Operational Management of Project Implementation:
- Administration/Human Resources;
- Implementing Partners.
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 4 to 5 years of working experience in insecure environments; preferably in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 3300 and 3400€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in Acted guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below, including the reference: DCD Ops/MAL
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.