Created in 1993, Acted is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, Acted implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
Acted goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, Acted puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Since 2012, Acted has been responding to the complex crisis in Mali due to structural and cyclical challenges. The need for a holistic response, linking emergency response and development programming has been at the center of our interventions. Over the years, Acted has supported more than 1 million people in 6 regions (Ségou, Mopti, Gao, Menaka, Timbuktu and Bamako), with a current team of 11 international and 160 national staff.
You will be in charge of
The Country Security Manager is responsible for overseeing daily security management of all Acted premises and project sites, ensuring a permanent monitoring and assessment of the security situation in country, as well as reviewing and implementing Acted security management guidelines and protocols. He/she will also advise the Country Director and Senior Management Team on all issues of safety and security and provide appropriate security training and mentoring.
1. Department management
2. Context & Risk analysis
3. Develop and update Country Security Plans, SOPs and Contingency Plans
4. Daily Security Management
5. Crisis management
- Adapt crisis management protocols to the local situation;
- Act as a key member of the Crisis Management Team so that safety policies and procedures are implemented;
7. Training and briefing
- Conduct security briefing for each new international staff arriving in country;
- Design security training modules for Country Director’s approval and HQ endorsement;
8. Develop and maintain a security network
9. Ensure external representation
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in insecure environments; preferably in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East;
- Extensive experience in security management and procedures;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience highly desirable.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 3300 and 4500€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: CSM/MAL
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.