Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Through its coordination office in Amman, ACTED is working in Jordan to meet the needs of the refugee populations in the country, with a shift from lifesaving activities to long-term livelihoods programming. ACTED also provides support to Jordanian host populations and local actors, also affected by the challenges faced by the country, ensuring all can access basic services. In Za’atari camp, Azraq camp and Mafraq, ACTED teams play a key role in the management and coordination of refugee camps, support to informal tented settlement populations and provide emergency assistance to ensure people’s access to food, water and hygiene and sanitation facilities. More broadly, ACTED works with municipalities and community organizations to build capacity and promote sustainable solutions.
You will be in charge of
Under the authority of the Country Finance Manager, the Finance Volunteer (FV) will be in charge of supporting the Country Finance Team on the financial internal control of the mission. More specifically, she/he will be in charge of the reviewing and cross-checking accounting data and financial management and control tools’ data.
Contribute to ACTED Compliance and Accountability
Control of Monthly Internal Reporting tools
- Accounting review ;
- Finance Follow Up review ;
- Cost Control ;
- HR follow up.
Provide support to the daily tasks
Expected skills and qualifications
- Msc in Finance, Audit, Business Management, Economics or equivalent;
- Finance and accounting skills required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel (mastering of the main database management formulas);
- Ability to undertake responsibilities and to manage stress efficiently;
- Excellent communication skills, including advanced written and oral English;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- 300 USD per month living allowance
- Coverage of all accommodation, guesthouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg
- The provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: CFV/JOR
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.