For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Acted started its operations in Eastern Ukraine in 2015 to provide support to vulnerable people affected by the conflict that began in 2014. In 2022, as refugees are fleeing clashes across Ukraine triggered by military operations, Acted is now extending its activities to deliver critical assistance to displaced persons in the main hosting regions and to support self-help and local organizations groups that have spontaneously formed. As the number of civilian casualties continues to grow and damage to critical infrastructure increases, Acted is scaling-up its humanitarian assistance to help ensure those in transit, internally displaced or remaining in hotspots receive the basic support they need, including cash assistance, water, food and hot meals, blankets, hygiene supplies and access to mobile heating points. Finally, Acted is also taking part in the ongoing efforts to provide humanitarian assistance to refugees in the neighbouring countries of Poland, Romania and Moldavia where 3 humanitarian response teams have been deployed.
You will be in charge of
The Country Security Manager is responsible for overseeing daily security management of all Acted premises and project sites, ensuring a permanent monitoring and assessment of the security situation in country, as well as reviewing and implementing Acted security management guidelines and protocols. He/she will also advise the Country Director and Senior Management Team on all issues of safety and security and provide appropriate security training and mentoring.
1. Department management
2. Context & Risk analysis
3. Develop and update Country Security Plans, SOPs and Contingency Plans
4. Daily Security Management
5. Crisis management
- Adapt crisis management protocols to the local situation;
- Act as a key member of the Crisis Management Team so that safety policies and procedures are implemented;
7. Training and briefing
- Conduct security briefing for each new international staff arriving in country;
- Design security training modules for Country Director’s approval and HQ endorsement;
8. Develop and maintain a security network
9. Ensure external representation
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in insecure environments; preferably in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East;
- Extensive experience in security management and procedures;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience highly desirable.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 3000 and 4200€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in Acted guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below, including the reference: CSM/UKR
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.