For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Acted has been operating in Chad since November 2004 and in the Lake since 2011 where it conducts emergency and resilience interventions with refugee, IDP, returnee and vulnerable host populations.
Acted Chad has more than 130 staff and runs its operations from its national coordination base in N’Djamena.
With a regional coordination base in Bol and a sub-base in Daboua, Acted’s programs are currently running in the departments of Mamdi, Fouli and Kaya, in the Lake Chad Province. Acted’s strategy combines emergency response within the Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) consortium through food assistance (food/cash and non-food distribution programs, nutrition) and shelter; and early recovery support through anti-malnutrition programs and multi-sectoral approaches in Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH), Emergency Education (EE), Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and livelihoods strengthening.
You will be in charge of
The Country Transparency and Compliance Officer contributes to (i) controlling, on a risk-based audit approach, the implementation of Acted’s processes in compliance with Acted’s guidelines, specific donor guidelines, best practices and national regulations in the relevant country; (ii) developing & actively contributing to action plans agreed with country coordination in order to mitigate the identified risks, and to cope with priorities, budget constraints and organizational context.
She/He provides technical support and capacity building to the country FLATS staff to implement the action plan and address the issues.
She/He also provides technical support for donor external audits and due diligences preparation and follow-up.
She/He should comply and ensure compliance to the audit code of conduct.
1. Internal Audit function
- Participate to the implementation of the approved national internal audit plan: conduct internal audit missions through a risk management approach
- Implementation of the Acted standard guidelines and FLAT System at the capital, area and partner’s levels
- When required, contribute to controlling the compliance with country rules and regulations. Upon request of your Coordination and in link with the Country Finance Manager:
- Provide support to mitigate the high risks identified
2. External audit : contribute to the external audit and the due diligences preparation and follow up
3. Training sessions / lessons learn / best practices
- Capacity building and Training
- Lessons learn
- Process improvement
- Participate in minimizing risk of fraud and corruption by ensuring adherence to Acted FLATS procedures, Acted Code of Conduct and Acted Anti-Fraud Policy;
5. Internal Coordination
Expected skills and qualifications
- Postgraduate diploma in Audit, Finance, International Relations, Law or in relation with the position;
- 1-2 years of previous work experience in Audit (external and/or internal), Finance, Logistics, Administration or Law;
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and organizational terms;
- Demonstrate flexibility, dynamism and autonomy;
- Ability to work well and under pressure;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Experience in management and training is a plus.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 1800 and 2000€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in Acted guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: T&CO/TCH
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.