For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Acted has been operating in Chad since November 2004 and in the Lake since 2011 where it conducts emergency and resilience interventions with refugee, IDP, returnee and vulnerable host populations.
Acted Chad has more than 130 staff and runs its operations from its national coordination base in N’Djamena.
With a regional coordination base in Bol and a sub-base in Daboua, Acted’s programs are currently running in the departments of Mamdi, Fouli and Kaya, in the Lake Chad Province. Acted’s strategy combines emergency response within the Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) consortium through food assistance (food/cash and non-food distribution programs, nutrition) and shelter; and early recovery support through anti-malnutrition programs and multi-sectoral approaches in Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH), Emergency Education (EE), Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and livelihoods strengthening.
You will be in charge of
The Technical Coordinator is responsible for the provision of coordination and support as well as strategic planning and technical guidance on activities. He/She plays a leading role in providing technical inputs to the strategy and project development at the local and national level. Moreover, he/she supports the Project Teams in the planning, design, implementation, supervision, and potential expansion/development and administration of technica interventions.
- External Relations
- Project Development
2.Internal Technical Support and Coordination
- Technical Leadership
- Staff Capacity Building
Expected skills and qualifications
- Degree in relevant field of expertise;
- At least 5 years of experience in project implementation on the field, preferably in an international context;
- Being a strong team player;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Fluent English skills required;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience is an asset.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 2900 and 3100€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in Acted guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: TC CCCCM/TCH
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.