For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Acted has been present in Afghanistan since 1993, and operates across northern and eastern provinces. Acted delivers lifesaving relief to the displaced communities with cash and in-kind assistance, shelters, and water and sanitation infrastructure, whilst contributing to long-term recovery and development by providing education and skills training, investing in agriculture and livelihoods, and strengthening local governance.
You will be in charge of
The Deputy Country Director – Programs & External Relations is a key member of the Senior Management Team at a country level, who will support and assist the Country Director (CD) in the overall management and leadership of the country programme. The Deputy Country – Programs & External Relations ensures the proper representation of Acted in the country vis-à-vis government authorities, donors, clusters/sectoral working groups, UN agencies and other NGOs. He/she develops and builds the programme profile in line with the country, regional and global Acted strategy and ensures the funding of its roll-out. He/she ensures an efficient, progressive, cost-effective and responsible growth of Acted in the country through strategic positioning and the quality implementation of projects.
1. Positioning and Fundraising
- Context analysis: Ensure Acted has an up-to-date understanding of the country’s socio-economic situation, (donor) trends, needs and gaps, and who does what and where (3W);
- Strategy development and roll out: Take a lead role in developing and reviewing programme strategies and identifying strategic opportunities for expanding Acted’s work in the country;
- Networking, positioning and general representation;
- Donor relationship and proposal development;
- Grant Management.
2. Program Technical Support and Coordination
- Technical Support;
3. Monitoring and Evaluation (MEAL)
- MEAL Systems;
- MEAL Implementation and Management.
4. External Communication
5. Management and Internal Coordination
- Staff Management;
- Internal Coordination and Communication;
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 4 to 5 years of working experience in insecure environments; preferably in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 4400 and 4500€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in Acted guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Rest & Recuperation (R&R) every 2 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below, including the reference: DCD P/AFG
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.