For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Acted has been present in Yemen since 2012 with a coordination office in Sanaa, and 6 area offices in Aden, Al Dhalee, Marib, Saadah, Dhamar, and Al Hudaydah. Acted currently intervenes in 8 governorates (Aden, Al Dhalee, Al Hudaydah, Abyan, Marib, Raymah, Saadah, and Dhamar). Key areas of intervention focus on providing emergency response, Durable Solutions, and sustainable development depending on each governorate’s unique circumstances. Acted achieves these goals by focusing on several key sectors, namely: WASH, Food Security and Livelihoods, Sustainable Agriculture, Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM), Infrastructure Rehabilitation, Economic Recovery, Capacity-Building of Local Civil Service Organizations, and Cash & Voucher Programs. Acted is a proud member of the Cash Consortium of Yemen (CCY), Yemen Displacement Response (YDR) consortium, and recently led a flagship consortium project focused on developing Pathways to Durable Solutions for IDPs in Yemen.
Prior to the commencement of conflict in Yemen in 2015, Acted focused more heavily on development projects (infrastructure, sustainable WASH, etc.), whereas the needs began to shift towards emergency response programming as the situation evolved. In response, Acted has adapted its programming to best suit the needs of each governorate, whether that be emergency response, sustainable development, or through a hybrid approach.
You will be in charge of
The Humanitarian Access Manager is responsible for overseeing daily security management of all Acted premises
and project sites, ensuring a permanent monitoring and assessment of the security situation in country, as well as
reviewing and implementing Acted security management guidelines and protocols. He/she will also advise the
Country Director and Senior Management Team on all issues of safety and security and provide appropriate
security training and mentoring.
- Department management
- Context & Risk analysis
- Develop and update Country Security Plans, SOPs and Contingency Plans
- Daily Security Management
- Crisis management
- Training and briefing
- Develop and maintain a security network
- Ensuring external representation
Expected skills and qualifications
At least 2-3 years of working experience in insecure environments; preferably in Africa, Asia, or the Middle
• Extensive experience in security management and procedures;
• Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
• Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff Flexibility and ability to multitask under pressure;
• Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
• Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
• Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
• Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English;
• Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience highly desirable.