Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard-to-reach areas. With a team of 5,900 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year, reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
Since 2012, ACTED has been implementing projects with vulnerable communities in Syria with a two-fold approach: ACTED provides life-saving support to vulnerable displaced persons, returnees, and host communities across Syria, through multi-sectorial rapid emergency services, and implements a wide range of resilience building interventions. Thus, ACTED has been able to strengthen its links with Syrian local communities and to develop an in-depth knowledge of local dynamics. A team of 900+ is currently working in Syria.
You will be in charge of
Under the line management of the PDM, the D-PDM Syria supports the grants management and follow-up of an assigned list of projects for the Syria mission. The D-PDM Syria also supports fundraising and proposal development for Syria, although this will not be the focus of the position. Rather, the PDM will assign proposals and concept notes to different PD staff, depending on workload and capacity. The main objectives of the D-PDM Syria are: 1/ To improve the grants management, reporting and follow-up of the projects in its portfolio; 2/ To capacity build and manage Junior members of the PD team (expected management: 4 to 5 people); 3/ To improve internal communication and the implementation of key PD processes at mission-level (i.e. KOM, COMs, PRM, support to PD tools, etc); 4/ As relevant, support ACTED’s positioning in Syria through support to fundraising and the production of external communication pieces (e.g. capacity statements) in collaboration with the Communication Officer. Examples of tasks the D-PDM Syria will focus on are presented below (list is not exhaustive):
- Reviewing monthly, interim and final reports prepared by its team, before sharing with the PDM;
- Under oversight of the PDM, organise and follow-up team’s workload to ensure contractual deadlines are met;
- Ensure day-to-day HR management of team (4-5 staff);
- Identify needs for training and support the development and roll out of training material for PD and Programme staff;
- As relevant, support the PDM in updating PD tracking tools;
- Lead and prepare amendment requests, with relevant PDOs, where needed for the assigned portfolio of projects;
- Support internal communication through implementing key PD processes (e.g. KOM, COM, etc) and flagging challenges and lessons learned to PDM and COO as reported by field teams;
- External engagement.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations or Development
- Project management experience (management, planning, staff development and training skills)
- 2-5 years previous work experience in a relevant position
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
>>>Email Ref: DPDM/WOS