For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Since 2012, Acted has been implementing projects with vulnerable communities in Syria with a two-fold approach: Acted provides life-saving support to vulnerable displaced persons, returnees, and host communities across Syria, through multi-sectorial rapid emergency services, and implements a wide range of resilience building interventions. Thus, Acted has been able to strengthen its links with Syrian local communities and to develop an in-depth knowledge of local dynamics. A team of 900+ is currently working in Syria.
You will be in charge of
Under the authority of the Country Finance Manager, the Finance Volunteer (FV) will be in charge of supporting the Country Finance Team on the financial internal control of the mission. More specifically, she/he will be in charge of the reviewing and cross-checking accounting data and financial management and control tools’ data.
Contribute to Acted Compliance and Accountability
Control of Monthly Internal Reporting tools
- Accounting review ;
- Finance Follow Up review ;
- Cost Control ;
- HR follow up.
Provide support to the daily tasks
Expected skills and qualifications
- Msc in Finance, Audit, Business Management, Economics or equivalent;
- Finance and accounting skills required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel (mastering of the main database management formulas);
- Ability to undertake responsibilities and to manage stress efficiently;
- Excellent communication skills, including advanced written and oral English;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- 300 USD per month living allowance
- Coverage of all accommodation, guesthouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg
- The provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below, including the reference: CFV/WOS
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.