For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Acted started its operations in Eastern Ukraine in 2015 to provide support to vulnerable people affected by the conflict that began in 2014. In 2022, as refugees are fleeing clashes across Ukraine triggered by military operations, Acted is now extending its activities to deliver critical assistance to displaced persons in the main hosting regions and to support self-help and local organizations groups that have spontaneously formed. As the number of civilian casualties continues to grow and damage to critical infrastructure increases, Acted is scaling-up its humanitarian assistance to help ensure those in transit, internally displaced or remaining in hotspots receive the basic support they need, including cash assistance, water, food and hot meals, blankets, hygiene supplies and access to mobile heating points. Finally, Acted is also taking part in the ongoing efforts to provide humanitarian assistance to refugees in the neighbouring countries of Poland, Romania and Moldavia where 3 humanitarian response teams have been deployed.
You will be in charge of
The Country Finance Manager (CFM) is a key member of the Management Team at country level. He/she will be responsible for Acted financial management in-country under the authority of the Country Director and Finance & Administrative Director in HQ. The CFM ensures that national legislation is adhered to, and that Acted’s financial standards are applied in terms of accounting, financial control systems, internal / external reporting processes, in order to ensure an efficient use of resources. He/She leads, provides technical support and capacity building to the country finance and administrative staff. The CFM shall alert the Country Director and Finance Director in case some major problems arise with a potential financial impact on the mission.
Accounting and treasury Management
- Accounting management – supervise the accounting cycle for the mission
- Treasury management – ensure a controlled and smooth cash management
Commitment of expenditures, budget control, & Financial Management
- Commitment of expenditure – guaranty budget availability and compliance to Acted and donor’s procedures before releasing payments
- Project budget follow-up, mission’s cost control, internal & external audits – anticipate and mitigate financial risks ensuring operations are run in a compliant and cost-efficient manner
Project financial cycle management
- Develop project budgets and reports – ensure the financial feasibility of projects, respecting Acted and donors’ rules and deadlines
Team leadership & other tasks
- Manage the team: definition of ToRs, recruitment, appraisal, training, internal mobility
- Promote strong & structured articulations with all Acted teams
- Plan field missions
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Msc in Finance, Audit, Business Management, Economics or equivalent;
- 3+ years of solid experience in financial & budget management;
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance;
- Ability to manage a financial team and demonstrate leadership;
- Ability to monitor and evaluate financial skills of teams through capacity-building efforts;
- Ability to undertake serious responsibilities and to manage stress efficiently;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Prior knowledge of the region an asset.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 3700 and 3900€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in Acted guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: CFM/UKR
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.