For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Acted recruits for his mission in Tunisia.
You will be in charge of
The 3Zero Coordinator is responsible to develop and promote the 3Zero activities in Tunisia aligned with Acted’soverall 3Zero Program strategy. This will include the set-up of a 3Zero House in Tunisia (as part of Acted’sglobal 3Zero House flagship initiative), the overview of 3Zero Campus Club (led by Acted local partner, We Love Sousse) and the participation in the development of a Master SSE – both strongly aligned with the 3Z House.
3Zero House: The 3Zero Coordinator leads the development and roll out of the local 3Z House concept from
inception to implementation including identification and relationship maintenance of partners, local/government authorities, global partners, and all other relevant stakeholders; development of strategic direction and fundraising opportunities including donor and private sector presentations for the 3Z House in collaboration with the country PD team; development of a sustainable business case for the local 3Zero house; oversight of daily operations for the 3Zero House; and to support local and global advocacy and communication efforts related to the 3Zero House initiative including the development of communication materials in collaboration with HQ 3Zero Communication and Mobilization Department.
Other 3Zero programming: The 3Zero coordinator will supervise the 3Z campus club monitoring activities in coordination with MEAL department and support the local partner in: (i) developing a program implementation
strategy (i) developing working tools and (iii) developing internal and external communication. The 3Z coordinator will oversee the fundraising as well as reporting and financial overview of donors funded activities.
Under the lead of the Country Director, the 3Zero coordinate will participate in the drafting of the Master ESS under the Erasmus grant. Finally, he will facilitate coordination with Convergence and We Love Sousse for the yearly 3Zero Convergence Forum in Tunis.
The 3Zero Coordinator will contribute to promote Acted’s 3Zero vision in the target country and coordinate between the 3Zero House operations, the 3 Zero campus club, the master SSE and Acted’s other programmatic operations in country. The 3Zero Coordinator reports to the Country Director and has technical reporting lines to the Acted HQ Global 3ZERO House coordinator.
1.Positioning, Partnerships, and 3Zero Strategic vision
- Undertake local ecosystem mapping of relevant actors, stakeholders, potential partners, similar initiatives, gov’t stakeholders, private sector and academia
- In coordination with CD, develop the 3Zero Strategic vision, included the 3Zero House Strategic vision, at country level with adapted focus, targeting and placement in the local ecosystem while ensuring alignment
to the global 3Zero House concept and strategy
- Draft strategy documents aligned with the global 3Zero vision for country level needs including concept notes and PowerPoints to outline the approach in coordination with CD and HQ
- Identify and develop partnership opportunities with likeminded organizations/businesses/stakeholder
- Identify relevant academia, research and technical actors to be included as strategic partners in 3Zero programming and fundraising opportunities
- Support the partnership development process (introduction meetings, identification of collaboration areas,
definition of collaboration, signature of MoU, implement partnership modality)
- Regularly review partnerships with implementing partners/stakeholders, etc and ensure that any issues or disputes are resolved in a timely manner
- Provide support to partners in project implementation and ensure timely and qualitative implementation of projects by partners in line with Acted and donor requirements
- Lead review meetings with partners, with particular attention given to the relationship aspects of partnership collaboration
- Support with the identification of funding mechanisms and donors relevant for the 3Z programing in close collaboration with country PD teams, CD, Grant Management Unit and/or Acted Network Representatives as appropriate
- Undertake donor meetings or fundraising opportunities as required for 3Z programing
- In close collaboration with the Grant Management Unit and Project Development Teams at country level, ensure that flagship initiatives are streamlined in relevant proposals
- When requested, represent, and speak on behalf of Acted at key conferences, meetings and global forums relevant to Acted’s flagship initiatives
3. Project Implementation Follow-up
3.1. Project Planning & Implementation
- Identify 3Zero House location with government authorities, Acted teams, partners, private businesses or other innovative solutions and develop fundraising plan and resources for any infrastructure or premise rentals needed
- Consider in-kind contributions or cost-recovery mechanisms for business plan and fundraising initiatives
- Ensure timely organization of project kick-off and close-out meetings for 3Zero related projects and/or project components in close collaboration with relevant PM(s) where applicable
- Ensure 3Zero project/project component implementation strategy and work plan in close collaboration with relevant PM(s) where applicable
- Plan the various stages of project/project component implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives and project implementation through trouble shooting and eliminating blocking pointsin close collaboration with relevant PM(s) where applicable
- Monitor output achievement, cash burn rates and ensure a timely completion of initiatives through review of PMFs, BFUs and IP reports, project reports and other relevant documents in close collaboration with relevant PM(s) where applicable
- Ensure that contractual obligations are met in terms of project deliverables
- Oversee the implementation of projects/project components ensuring that technical requirements and quality standards are considered and respected during project implementation
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and implementation delays
- Ensure the application of a practical field-based M&E system to monitor impact of 3Zero programing
3.2. Administrative and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Review the project BFU(s) to avoid under/overspending in close collaboration with relevant PM(s) where applicable
- Ensure accurate budget forecasting and expense planning in close collaboration with relevant PM(s) where applicable
- Ensure regular performance appraisal, capacity building and career management of 3Zero program staff (as applicable)
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics within the 3Zero program both between Acted and all partner organizations
- Ensure 3Zero project records and documents (cooperation agreements, event participant lists, etc. are tracked, compiled and filed according to Acted procedures
4. Mainstream 3Zero House and 3Zero Vision across Acted country programming
- Review ongoing Acted projects and initiatives and identify areas of synergies or collaborations with existing projects for integration into the 3Zero House and 3Zero Vision
- Help program teams adapt and integrate existing project activities to leverage opportunities and partnerships from the 3Zero House to have a holistic approach of project activities
- Ensure country teams are aware of and understand the 3Zero House approach and other 3Zero program – lead presentations, workshops and discussions to support awareness as needed
- Undertake any other tasks as requested by the CD or Global 3ZERO House coordinator