Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
Since 2012, ACTED has been responding to the complex crisis in Mali due to structural and cyclical challenges. The need for a holistic response, linking emergency response and development programming has been at the center of our interventions. Over the years, ACTED has supported more than 1 million people in 6 regions (Ségou, Mopti, Gao, Menaka, Timbuktu and Bamako), with a current team of 11 international and 160 national staff.
You will be in charge of
- Act as key ACTED representative on [sector] in [country]
- Ensure external representation of ACTED in [sector] sector, vis-à-vis country and local authorities, other project stakeholders, donors and partners
- Participate in and report (internally) on [sector] technical and sectoral meetings, clusters and working groups involving all relevant stakeholders such as donors, NGOs, UN Agencies, inter-governmental institutions
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and partners, i.e. NGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, and government counterparts who are working on [sector]
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others.
- Collect and analyse primary and secondary data related to the [sector] sector in the [country];
- Analyse the activities in the [sector] sector and relevant stakeholders
- Identify the needs of the most vulnerable populations through regular visits and literature review, and through the design and implementation of relevant needs assessments in close collaboration with AMEU
- Lead [sector] project conceptualization workshops
- Provide technical inputs into proposal design and ensure new or adapted projects for the [sector] sector focus on maximizing efficiencies, impact and integrated approaches
2.Internal [Sector] Technical Support and Coordination
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent [sector] strategy across ACTED’s areas of intervention in [country]
- Promote harmonization of approaches and methodologies across the different [sector] projects by developing and monitoring use of common tools, as well as creating opportunities for experience sharing and learning
- Brief Project Managers about main [sector] issues, and updating them on a regular basis.
- Organize internal [sector] meetings on a monthly basis.
- Define [sector] project implementation modalities and methodologies (including, but not limited to technical specifications, identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution and sensitization)
- Lead the development of all technical tools related to [sector] projects (ToRs for consultants and evaluators, ad hoc reports, capitalization reports…);
- Analyse the appropriateness, adequacy and potential impact of all interventions in the [sector] sector based on known contexts and needs
- Provide technical support to the Project Managers and other [sector] staff to implement the ACTED [sector] projects to a high quality standard;
- Liaise with [sector] technical staff on a regular basis to ensure technical assistance is provided to projects when needed
- Disseminate tools, research, best practices and lessons learned internally and externally through publications, networks, working groups, events, and conferences.
Staff Capacity Building
- Participate in the recruitment and training of [sector] sector staff members
- In coordination with Project Managers identify individual training needs and ensure access to training and professional development opportunities appropriate to the skill gaps and needs
- Provide training to projects teams on ACTED activities and [sector] best practices
- Develop training material for different trainings to share within the [sector] project teams
- Develop capacity-building programmes for local actors (including partner NGOs and relevant local services providers) on [sector]
Expected skills and qualifications
- Degree in relevant field of expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in project implementation on the field, preferably in an international context;
- Being a strong team player;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Fluent English skills required;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience is an asset.
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
Rejoignez notre équipe dès aujourd’hui ! Envoyez votre candidature en quelques clics. Elle sera étudiée avec attention rapidement.
A défaut, envoyez votre candidature par email sous Ref: TC FSL/MAL