Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
In response to the emergency situation in Sudan, ACTED recruits.
You will be in charge of
Under the authority of the Country Risk and Compliance Manager / Officer (if any) the Transparency and Compliance Volunteer facilitates the implementation of ACTED’s compliance process in the relevant country. She/He should comply and ensure compliance to the audit code of conduct.
Facilitate the implementation of the ACTED standard guidelines and FLATS System in the country
Facilitate the external audit preparation and the due diligences
Contribute to the implementation of the approved national internal audit plan
Training sessions / lessons learn / best practices
- Capacity building and Training
- Lessons learn
- Team work
Expected skills and qualifications
- Postgraduate diploma in Audit, Finance, International Relations, Law or in relation with the position;
- Ability to summarize, writing, communication and reporting skills;
- Analytical skills and ability to propose solutions to problems encountered;
- Demonstrate flexibility, dynamism and autonomy;
- Interest in international relief and development programmes;
- Knowledge of internal control and audit related issues;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- 300 USD per month living allowance
- Coverage of all accommodation, guesthouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg
- The provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: T&CV/SUD
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.