Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
In response to the emergency situation in Sudan, ACTED recruits.
You will be in charge of
The Area Logistics Officer assists the Area Logistics Manager for supply chain management intended to program implementation in the area, as well as for logistical transversal management such as fleet, fuel, premises, assets & communication management. She/He should ensure compliance of all logistics operations under his/her responsibility with ACTED logistics & donors’ procedures, best practices & national regulations, with an emphasis given to the value for money principle. He/She will also provide technical support and capacity building to the logistics staff in the area. The Area Logistics Officer may also replace the ALM in his/her absence.
Contribute to timely, cost efficient & transparent supply chain management in the area:
- Stocks & deliveries
Contribute to ensure timely, cost efficient & transparent transversal logistical management in the area:
- Fleet & transportation management
- Fuel management
- Asset management
- Premises management
- Communications & IT management
Ensure compliance to ACTED & donors’ procedures in all logistics operations under his/her responsibility and actively promote logistics procedures.
Contribute to the implementation safety & security guidelines, SOP & plans.
Contribute to logistics staff capacity building.
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 1-2 years of experience in logistics, supply chain management, or equivalent ;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage teams ;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure ;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English ;
- Autonomy, leadership, organisation ;
- Previous experience abroad is an asset ;
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
>>>Email Ref: ALO/SUD