Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard-to-reach areas. With a team of 5,900 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year, reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
ACTED South Sudan
ACTED operations in South Sudan aim to improve food security, ensure access to livelihoods and develop resilience and emergency programmes. Since the eruption of the South Sudanese conflict in December 2013, ACTED has been contributing to the delivery of humanitarian services to internally displaced persons, refugees and host communities. As camp manager ACTED continues to coordinate and provide camp management services in Protection of Civilian (POC) site in Juba and Bor, informal settlements in Wau and refugee camps in Maban.
You will be in charge of
1. Monitoring and Evaluation
1.1 Implementation and Management of M&E Systems
– Contribute to the development and updating of the M&E country strategy, consolidation of the M&E work plan and M&E framework for all ongoing projects;
– Ensure that M&E observations/conclusions are taken into account and recommendations are incorporated into future concept notes, project proposals, and implementation plans;
– Implement M&E policies and procedures as outlined in ACTED’s standard M&E technical guides and ensure that tools are used as recommended;
– Contribute to the effective deployment of M&E collection and reporting systems for all staff and partners through trainings, site visits, manuals, and as many technical supports as needed.
1.2 Technical Systems Development
– Develop terms of reference and mission plans and conduct surveys, monitoring and evaluations;
– Develop analytical tools, methodology and data/information dissemination/use plans;
– Closely supervise data collection and ensure that data collection teams are organized and documented as necessary;
– Ensure that data collected is securely stored in databases;
– Measure and report qualitative and quantitative data on processes, outcomes, deliverables, impact, target and performance indicators for all projects;
– Provide data to Project Development teams for use in reporting;
– Contribute to donor project proposals and funding efforts.
– Contribute to the proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through M&E activities to Project Managers, Technical Coordinators, and Project Development Managers and Officers;
– Contribute to organizing and facilitating training sessions to capture best practices and lessons learned.
3. Contribute to the Beneficiary Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM)
– Contribute to the implementation of the Beneficiary Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) in line with ACTED’s standard CRM procedures;
– Oversee proper management of the central CRM database;
– Work on the understanding and ability of ACTED teams, partners and contractors to rely on beneficiary accountability and CRM procedures.
– Participate in conferences and workshops related to M&E when possible and keep up to date on best practices and new knowledge in the M&E sector;
– Perform any other related activity as assigned by the direct manager.