Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED South Sudan
ACTED operations in South Sudan aim to improve food security, ensure access to livelihoods and develop resilience and emergency programmes. Since the eruption of the South Sudanese conflict in December 2013, ACTED has been contributing to the delivery of humanitarian services to internally displaced persons, refugees and host communities. As camp manager ACTED continues to coordinate and provide camp management services in Protection of Civilian (POC) site in Juba and Bor, informal settlements in Wau and refugee camps in Maban.
You will be in charge of
The Deputy Country Director – Field Operations & Project Implementation is a key member of the Senior Management Team at country level. He/she will support and assist the Country Director (CD) in ensuring all projects in the country run in a smooth and cost-efficient manner and in compliance with ACTED’s and donors’ procedures and legal requirements.
Project Implementation Follow-up:
- Project Planning;
- Project Implementation Follow-up;
- Project Quality Control;
- Implementing Partners;
- External Relations.
Administrative and Operational Management of Project Implementation:
- Administration/Human Resources;
- Implementing Partners.
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 4 to 5 years of working experience in insecure environments; preferably in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 3700 and 3800€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below, including the reference: DCD ops/SSD
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.