For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
ACTED Democratic Republic of the Congo
The Democratic Republic has the Congo is still affected by the consequences of decades of civil war. In precarios situation, IDPs suffer from chronical food insecurity and/or diseases linked ot lack of access to water, hygiene and sanitation. Since 2003, Acted acts mainly to respond to emergencies, reinforce the population’s resilience, co-creating an effective governance and promoting an inclusive and sustainble growth. Intervening mostly in the areas of South Kivu, Tanganyika and North with projects financed by BHA (Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance), FH (Fond Humanitaire), ECHO (European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations) and FCDO (Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office), Acted brings a flexible and adapted emergency response to the complex and acute humanitarian crisis by assisting the most vulnerable populations. With projects ongoing in these several areas, Acted seeks to response to their basic needs in terms of accommodation (shelter), food security, NFIs or access to water while ensuring the promotion of a protective environment.
You will be in charge of
The Project Manager, under operational guidance of the Area Coordinator and technical guidance of the Technical Program Coordinator, is responsible for ensuring proper implementation of Acted’s project. The Project Manager oversees field operations and ensures effective and timely completion of activities, delivery of quality outputs and achievement of outcomes with maximum impact for beneficiaries. The Project Manager supervises the project staff in day to day management of all aspects of the project and liaises with relevant internal departments and external partners and project stakeholders.
1. Project Planning
2. Project Implementation Follow-up
3. Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
4. External Relations
5. Quality Control
Expected skills and qualifications
- Experience related to the type of project required, in an emergency and/or development context
- Experience of working with institutional donors is a plus
- Experience in budget management
- Ability to coordinate and manage a team
- Ability to work independently and creatively in the field and in the capital
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to work in an intercultural context
- Ability to work under pressure
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 2550 and 2750€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in Acted guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below, including the reference: PM FSL/RDC
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.