Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries.
ACTED South Sudan
ACTED operations in South Sudan aim to improve food security, ensure access to livelihoods and develop resilience and emergency programmes. Since the eruption of the South Sudanese conflict in December 2013, ACTED has been contributing to the delivery of humanitarian services to internally displaced persons, refugees and host communities. As camp manager ACTED continues to coordinate and provide camp management services in Protection of Civilian (POC) site in Juba and Bor, informal settlements in Wau and refugee camps in Maban.
You will be in charge of
- Manage a multi-sectorial distribution program (vouchers, CGFD, FFA, BSFP…) across 2 counties and 7
- Regular and direct correspondence with donor at field level to improve data collection and reporting
- Maintain positive working relationship with local authorities and community leaders
- Manage the logistics and the HR of several distributions happening at the same time in different locations
- Manage the day-to-day activities of 28 contracted staff and over 160 casual workers (including HR processes,
contracts, appraisals, etc.) divided in 2 different teams across 2 locations
- Produce an action plan to improve the casual workers management in the project
- Plan and oversee monthly voucher distributions to approximately 170,000 beneficiaries
- Conduct regular market monitoring and distribution process monitoring activities and create and implement new tools to have yearly statistics on the market.
- Improve the 7 distribution points so it fits the criteria required by the donor (shades, water and toilets access, security…)
- Implement a new protection desk at the distribution site and in the market to analyse and report on anything happening during or after the distribution
- Supervise the biometric registration of approximately 35,000 beneficiaries (communication with local authorities and leaders, organisation of the site, …)
- Produce, maintain, and conduct analysis on, easy-to-use, yet comprehensive, Excel databases
- Produce high-quality narrative and quantitative reports
- Capacity building on the team to have strong supervisors on site
- Rove between two bases
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations or Development
- Extensive project management experience in emergency and/or development
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required (large team)
- Perfect verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience an asset
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
Join our team today! Send your application in just a few steps. It will be quickly and carefully considered.
Alternatively, send your application by email under Ref: PMFSL/SSUD