For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
ACTED Occupied Palestinian Territory - OPT
In response to the emergency situation in OPT, Acted recruits.
You will be in charge of
The Country Security Officer is supporting directly the Country Security Manager or the Country Logistic and Security Manager in the reporting on context analysis, writing of security documents, and ensuring compliance with security standards. He/she will be in charge of drafting all the Acted security reporting documents requested in the frame of the activity of the security department and is in charge of the administration of the security department.
1. Context analysis and risk assesment
2. Security Assessments, auditing and Operational support
Expected skills and qualifications
- Bachelor or Master Level education in Security studies or another relevant field such as International Relations;
- Excellent analysis and synthesis skills;
- 2-5 years previous work experience in a relevant position;
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required;
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English;
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms;
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure;
- Previous experience in a difficult context.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 1600 and 1800€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in Acted guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below, including the reference: CSO/OPT
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.