For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
ACTED Occupied Palestinian Territory - OPT
Acted has been present in the West Bank since 2007 and Gaza since 2008, with 3 offices in Jerusalem, Ramallah and Gaza. The NGO intervenes to meet the needs of vulnerable populations whose living conditions have deteriorated in recent years. The teams address urgent needs, support the rehabilitation and reconstruction of homes and agricultural assets. Beyond recovery programming, Acted is also carrying out innovative initiatives to strengthen populations’ capacities in the areas of digital technologies, tourism and social entrepreneurship.
You will be in charge of
Under the authority of the Country Finance Manager, the Country Finance Officer (CFO) will be in charge of supporting the Country Finance Manager in his/her functions. More specifically, she/he will be in charge of the implementation and follow-up of financial management and control tools. She/he will also be in charge of training of the Finance Team.
1. Budget preparation and contractual review
2. Implementation and Follow-Up of Financial tools
- Monthly Follow up consolidation and review (Accounting Flows, Cost Analysis, Allocations, Budget Control and Funding Structure, Staff salary payement preparation)
- Financial Reporting preparation and support
3. Participation to the Midyear and Annual Accounting Closures process
4. Training and Capacity Building
Expected skills and qualifications
- Msc in Finance, Audit, Business Management, Economics or equivalent;
- 1+ year of solid experience in financial & budget management;
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance;
- Ability to monitor and evaluate financial and monitoring skills of teams through capacity-building efforts;
- Ability to undertake serious responsibilities and to manage stress efficiently;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 1600 and 1800€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in Acted guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: CFO/OPT
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.