Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Present in Nigeria since 2017, ACTED teams are working with the local authorities to support vulnerable populations in the country, with a coordination office based in Abuja. The NGO provides emergency assistance to the most vulnerable populations through various activities, such as building shelters, distributing non-food items, assisting in the management of camps and informal settlements for displaced persons, and supporting farmers and information management services to the humanitarian community.
You will be in charge of
The Country Security Manager is responsible for overseeing daily security management of all ACTED premises and project sites, ensuring a permanent monitoring and assessment of the security situation in country, as well as reviewing and implementing ACTED security management guidelines and protocols. He/she will also advise the Country Director and Senior Management Team on all issues of safety and security and provide appropriate security training and mentoring.
Context & Risk analysis
Develop and update Country Security Plans, SOPs and Contingency Plans
Daily Security Management
- Adapt crisis management protocols to the local situation;
- Act as a key member of the Crisis Management Team so that safety policies and procedures are implemented;
Training and briefing
- Conduct security briefing for each new international staff arriving in country;
- Design security training modules for Country Director’s approval and HQ endorsement;
Develop and maintain a security network
Ensure external representation
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in insecure environments; preferably in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East;
- Extensive experience in security management and procedures;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience highly desirable.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 2900 and 4100€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Contribution to a housing allowance of up to 75% of ACTED benchmark or accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below, including the reference: CSM/NIA
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.