Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED has been present in Myanmar since 2008, with bases in Loikaw (Kayah State), Sittwe (Rakhine State), and Yangon. Through both emergency and longer-term resilience building programming in Myanmar, ACTED seeks to work towards its global strategy of achieving a Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty world.
Since 2012, ACTED’s work in Myanmar has focussed on supporting sustainable livelihoods and economic development, in both urban and rural areas of Kayah and Rakhine States, through skills training; climate-smart agriculture; business development support; and linkages with private sector actors. In Rakhine State, this support for economic self-reliance has often been implemented alongside the provision of humanitarian assistance to conflict-affected communities, and social cohesion initiatives. Today, in light of the rapidly deteriorating humanitarian and security conditions in Myanmar since the events of February 2021, ACTED is significantly scaling up its emergency response programming. This entails providing life-saving food security, nutrition, and protection assistance to crisis-affected communities, particularly in Kayah State. In 2022 for the first time, ACTED is also delivering emergency humanitarian assistance in Yangon. However, in line with ACTED’s belief that – even in a crisis setting – every individual should be supported to achieve their creative and economic potential, all the emergency assistance we deliver in Myanmar is implemented with a view towards restoring self-reliance to affected communities, and supporting them towards long-term recovery, right from the start of a crisis.
You will be in charge of
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Volunteer supports the MEAL Manager/Officer in the development and implementation of appropriate and viable monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems that are in line with the ACTED’s global MEAL procedures.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a consolidated MEAL frameworkand work plan for all ongoing projects;
- Contribute to the effective deployment of MEAL tools and reporting systems;
- Contribute to the development of terms of reference and mission plans by conducting surveys, audits and evaluations;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate data collection, analysis tools and methodologies.
- Contribute to the supervision of data collection activities;
- Contribute to the maintenance of electronic and/or paper records for tracking and reporting of all quantitative and qualitative data and information.
- Analyze M&E data and produce reports, fact sheets including useful statistical analysis and presentations.
- Contribute to the organization and facilitation of learning sessions to capture best practices and lessons learned;
- Contribute to the documentation and sharing of lessons learned & best practices, and ensure that the knowledge gained is used to improve projects and impact the development strategy of future projects and activities.
Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM)
- Contribute to the implementation of the Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) of the mission’s beneficiaries in accordance with ACTED’s standard CRM procedures.
- Participate, when possible, in MEAL related working groups and conferences and regularly learn about best practices and new knowledge in the MEAL sector;
- Participate in any other activity assigned by the direct manager.
Expected skills and qualifications
- University Degree in Political Sciences, Public Administration, International Affairs, Economics or a related field (anthropology, sociology, statistics);
- Knowledge of field-based data collection methods;
- Design, Monitoring and Evaluation experience in humanitarian/development settings will be an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- 300 USD per month living allowance
- Coverage of all accommodation, guesthouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg
- The provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: MEALV/MYA
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.