For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
As of February 24th 2022, ACTED deployed an emergency team in Moldova to support people who were affected by the conflict in Ukraine and had to cross the border.
Our teams mobilized quickly to carry out needs assessments along the border and in reception centers, in close coordination with the Moldovan authorities.
ACTED’s first actions concerned the deployment of buses in Palanca and Tudora, in addition to buses provided by the Moldovan and Romanian authorities, in order to transport refugees from crossing points to reception centers or to Romania, in agreement with the authorities of both countries.
Today, ACTED has diversified its fields of action in the country and implements or participates, with its partners, in the following operations:
- Support to the government for the site management of over 100 refugee accommodation and reception centers
- Reception and distribution of donations of basic necessities to refugees for NFIs and hot meals (around 20,000 hot meals were distributed from February to April) and multi purpose cash assistance for refugees and Moldovan families hosting refugees
- Installation of sanitation facilities at border points and provision of free transportation services to Romania and within Moldova for newly arrived refugees
- Distribution of SIM cards and power banks to facilitate access to information for refugees and provision of Wi-Fi-connectivity at transit and accommodation centers
You will be in charge of
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Volunteer supports the MEAL Manager/Officer in the development and implementation of appropriate and viable monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems that are in line with the ACTED’s global MEAL procedures.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a consolidated MEAL frameworkand work plan for all ongoing projects;
- Contribute to the effective deployment of MEAL tools and reporting systems;
- Contribute to the development of terms of reference and mission plans by conducting surveys, audits and evaluations;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate data collection, analysis tools and methodologies.
- Contribute to the supervision of data collection activities;
- Contribute to the maintenance of electronic and/or paper records for tracking and reporting of all quantitative and qualitative data and information.
- Analyze M&E data and produce reports, fact sheets including useful statistical analysis and presentations.
- Contribute to the organization and facilitation of learning sessions to capture best practices and lessons learned;
- Contribute to the documentation and sharing of lessons learned & best practices, and ensure that the knowledge gained is used to improve projects and impact the development strategy of future projects and activities.
Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM)
- Contribute to the implementation of the Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) of the mission’s beneficiaries in accordance with ACTED’s standard CRM procedures.
- Participate, when possible, in MEAL related working groups and conferences and regularly learn about best practices and new knowledge in the MEAL sector;
- Participate in any other activity assigned by the direct manager.
Expected skills and qualifications
- University Degree in Political Sciences, Public Administration, International Affairs, Economics or a related field (anthropology, sociology, statistics);
- Knowledge of field-based data collection methods;
- Design, Monitoring and Evaluation experience in humanitarian/development settings will be an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- 300 USD per month living allowance
- Coverage of all accommodation, guesthouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg
- The provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below, including the reference: MEALV/MOL
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.