Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
As of February 24th 2022, ACTED deployed an emergency team in Moldova to support people who were affected by the conflict in Ukraine and had to cross the border.
Our teams mobilized quickly to carry out needs assessments along the border and in reception centers, in close coordination with the Moldovan authorities.
ACTED’s first actions concerned the deployment of buses in Palanca and Tudora, in addition to buses provided by the Moldovan and Romanian authorities, in order to transport refugees from crossing points to reception centers or to Romania, in agreement with the authorities of both countries.
Today, ACTED has diversified its fields of action in the country and implements or participates, with its partners, in the following operations:
- Support to the government for the site management of over 100 refugee accommodation and reception centers
- Reception and distribution of donations of basic necessities to refugees for NFIs and hot meals (around 20,000 hot meals were distributed from February to April) and multi purpose cash assistance for refugees and Moldovan families hosting refugees
- Installation of sanitation facilities at border points and provision of free transportation services to Romania and within Moldova for newly arrived refugees
- Distribution of SIM cards and power banks to facilitate access to information for refugees and provision of Wi-Fi-connectivity at transit and accommodation centers
You will be in charge of
Under the authority of the Country Finance Manager, the Finance Volunteer (FV) will be in charge of supporting the Country Finance Team on the financial internal control of the mission. More specifically, she/he will be in charge of the reviewing and cross-checking accounting data and financial management and control tools’ data.
Contribute to ACTED Compliance and Accountability
Control of Monthly Internal Reporting tools
- Accounting review ;
- Finance Follow Up review ;
- Cost Control ;
- HR follow up.
Provide support to the daily tasks
Expected skills and qualifications
- Msc in Finance, Audit, Business Management, Economics or equivalent;
- Finance and accounting skills required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel (mastering of the main database management formulas);
- Ability to undertake responsibilities and to manage stress efficiently;
- Excellent communication skills, including advanced written and oral English;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- 300 USD per month living allowance
- Coverage of all accommodation, guesthouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg
- The provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: CFV/MOL
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.