Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
As of February 24th 2022, ACTED deployed an emergency team in Moldova to support people who were affected by the conflict in Ukraine and had to cross the border.
Our teams mobilized quickly to carry out needs assessments along the border and in reception centers, in close coordination with the Moldovan authorities.
ACTED’s first actions concerned the deployment of buses in Palanca and Tudora, in addition to buses provided by the Moldovan and Romanian authorities, in order to transport refugees from crossing points to reception centers or to Romania, in agreement with the authorities of both countries.
Today, ACTED has diversified its fields of action in the country and implements or participates, with its partners, in the following operations:
- Support to the government for the site management of over 100 refugee accommodation and reception centers
- Reception and distribution of donations of basic necessities to refugees for NFIs and hot meals (around 20,000 hot meals were distributed from February to April) and multi purpose cash assistance for refugees and Moldovan families hosting refugees
- Installation of sanitation facilities at border points and provision of free transportation services to Romania and within Moldova for newly arrived refugees
- Distribution of SIM cards and power banks to facilitate access to information for refugees and provision of Wi-Fi-connectivity at transit and accommodation centers
You will be in charge of
The Country Logistics Manager (CLM) is a key member of the Management Team at country level. Under the authority of the Country Director/Representative, the CLM is responsible for supply chain management intended to program implementation, as well as for logistical transversal management such as fleet, fuel, premises, assets & communication management. S/He should ensure compliance of all logistics operations in country with ACTED logistics & donors’ procedures, best practices & national regulations, with an emphasis given to the value for money principle. He/She will also lead, provide technical support and capacity building to the country logistics staff.
Supply chain management
- Procurement: Ensure that any need should be delivered according to the defined chronogram, requested quality standards, and proper procurement scenario
- Stocks & deliveries: Ensure appropriate storage network & stock management standards across the country
Transversal logistical management
- Fleet & transportation: Deploy efficient transportation means across the country
- Fuel: Manage fuel supply across the country; anticipate & mitigate fuel supply risks, including quality requirements
- Asset: Deploy an efficient asset allocation & maintenance plan across the country
- Premises: Ensure proper working & living conditions for all staff in each premise at all times by maintaining an efficient general services approach
- Communications & IT management: Deploy an efficient IT plan across the country based on ACTED global standard
Compliance & transparency
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in logistics, supply chain management and/or security management and procedures;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Previous experience abroad is an asset.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
– Salary between 2300 and 2400€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
– Contribution to a housing allowance of up to 75% of ACTED benchmark or Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
– Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
– Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
– Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
– Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
– One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
– Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
– Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below, including the reference: CLM/MOL
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.