Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Since 2012, ACTED has been responding to the complex crisis in Mali due to structural and cyclical challenges. The need for a holistic response, linking emergency response and development programming has been at the center of our interventions. Over the years, ACTED has supported more than 1 million people in 6 regions (Ségou, Mopti, Gao, Menaka, Timbuktu and Bamako), with a current team of 11 international and 160 national staff.
You will be in charge of
- Act as key ACTED representative in sector;
- Ensure external representation of ACTED in sector vis-à-vis country and local authorities, other project stakeholders, donors and partners;
- Participate in and report (internally) on technical and sectoral meetings, clusters and working groups involving all relevant stakeholders such as donors, NGOs, UN Agencies, inter-governmental institutions;
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and partners i.e. NGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, and government counterparts who are working on sector;
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others;
- Collect and analyse primary and secondary data related to the sector in the country;
- Analyse the activities in the sector and relevant stakeholders;
- Identify the needs of the most vulnerable populations through regular visits and literature review and through the design and implementation of relevant needs assessments in close collaboration with AMEU (Appraisal, Monitoring, Evaluation Unit);
- Lead project conceptualization workshops;
- Provide technical inputs into proposal design and ensure new or adapted projects for the sector focus on maximizing efficiencies, impact and integrated approaches;
2.Internal Technical Support and Coordination
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent sector strategy across ACTED’s areas of intervention;
- Promote harmonization of approaches and methodologies across the different sector projects by developing and monitoring use of common tools, as well as creating opportunities for experience sharing and learning;
- Brief Project Managers about main sector issues and update them on a regular basis;
- Organize internal sector meetings on a monthly basis;
- Define sector project implementation modalities and methodologies (including but not limited to technical specifications, identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution and sensitization);
- Lead the development of all technical tools related to sector projects (ToRs for consultants and evaluators, ad hoc reports, capitalization reports etc.);
- Analyse the appropriateness, adequacy and potential impact of all interventions in the sector based on known contexts and needs;
- Provide technical support to the Project Managers and other sector staff to implement the ACTED sector projects to a high quality standard;
- Liaise with sector technical staff on a regular basis to ensure technical assistance is provided to projects when needed;
- Disseminate tools, research, best practices and lessons learned internally and externally through publications, networks, working groups, events, and conferences;
2.3.Staff Capacity Building
- Participate in the recruitment and training of sector staff members;
- In coordination with Project Managers, identify individual training needs and ensure access to training and professional development opportunities appropriate to the skill gaps and needs;
- Provide training to projects teams on ACTED activities and sector best practices;
- Develop training material for different trainings to share within the sector project teams;
- Develop capacity-building programmes for local actors (including partner NGOs and relevant local services providers).
Expected skills and qualifications
- Degree in relevant field of expertise;
- At least 5 years of experience in project implementation on the field, preferably in an international context;
- Being a strong team player;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Fluent English skills required;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience is an asset.
- Salary between 2650 and 2850€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Please note that ACTED does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: TC NS/MAL
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.