Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Since 2012, ACTED has been responding to the complex crisis in Mali due to structural and cyclical challenges. The need for a holistic response, linking emergency response and development programming has been at the center of our interventions. Over the years, ACTED has supported more than 1 million people in 6 regions (Ségou, Mopti, Gao, Menaka, Timbuktu and Bamako), with a current team of 11 international and 160 national staff.
You will be in charge of
The Country Logistics Officer assist the Country Logistics Manager for supply chain management intended to program implementation in country, as well as for logistical transversal management such as fleet, fuel, premises, assets & communication management. S/He should ensure compliance of all logistics operations under his/her responsibility with ACTED logistics & donors’ procedures, best practices & national regulations, with an emphasis given to the value for money principle. He/She will also provide technical support and capacity building to the logistics staff in country. The Country Logistics Officer may also replace the CLM in his/her absence.
Contribute to timely, cost efficient & transparent supply chain management in country
- Stocks & deliveries
Contribute to ensure timely, cost efficient & transparent transversal logistical management in country
- Fleet & transportation management
- Fuel management
- Asset management
- Premises management
- Communications & IT management
Ensure compliance to ACTED & donors’ procedures in all logistics operations under his/her responsibility and actively promote logistics procedures
Contribute to the implementation safety & security guidelines, SOP & plans
Contribute to logistics staff capacity building
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 1-2 years of experience in logistics, supply chain management, or equivalent;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage teams;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Autonomy, leadership, organisation;
- Previous experience abroad is an asset;
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 1700 and 1900€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: CLO/MAL
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.