Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED has been present in Lebanon since 2006, with a coordination office in the capital Beirut and an operational base in Akkar. In response to the Syrian crisis, ACTED Lebanon delivers support to refugee and host communities, responding simultaneously to emergency and development needs through a community-driven approach. The NGO also implements projects to rehabilitate infrastructure and territories, and supports civil society and micro-enterprises in the health, education and environment sectors.
You will be in charge of
In close cooperation with consortium partners, the Consortium Coordinator ensures that the consortium’s project implementation according to the approved proposal and in accordance with the rules and regulations of the donor. The Consortium Coordinator facilitates close and effective coordination and collaboration between consortium partners, ensures high quality documentation of the project activities and ensures that project results are achieved.
Project Cycle Management
- Project Planning
- Project Implementation Follow-up
- Project Quality Control
- Grant Management
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience in project implementation on the field, preferably in an international context
- Being a strong team player
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience is an asset
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 2300 and 2500€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Contribution to a housing allowance of up to 75% of ACTED benchmark or accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: CC/LEB
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.