For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Through its coordination office in Amman, Acted is working in Jordan to meet the needs of the refugee populations in the country, with a shift from lifesaving activities to long-term livelihoods programming. Acted also provides support to Jordanian host populations and local actors, also affected by the challenges faced by the country, ensuring all can access basic services. In Za’atari camp, Azraq camp and Mafraq, Acted teams play a key role in the management and coordination of refugee camps, support to informal tented settlement populations and provide emergency assistance to ensure people’s access to food, water and hygiene and sanitation facilities. More broadly, Acted works with municipalities and community organizations to build capacity and promote sustainable solutions.
You will be in charge of
The Project Development Volunteer (PDV) ensures proper grant management by developing qualitative project progress reports in compliance with donors’ rules. The PDV facilitates smooth internal communication and coordination with relevant departments and contributes to Acted external communication strategy. The PDV contributes to fundraising efforts by participating in the development of project proposals in line with Acted’s global and in-country programme strategy.
1. Grant Management
- Contract follow-up
- Partner follow-up
2. Internal Coordination
- Internal Coordination and Communication
3. External Communication
- External relations
- Contribution to proposal development
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations, Development or Political Science;
- Previous related work experience, with knowledge of proposal writing and reporting;
- Familiarity with the project cycle;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to manage multiple tasks;
- Good team spirit and ability to work with diverse profiles.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- 300 USD per month living allowance
- Coverage of all accommodation, guesthouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg
- The provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: PDV/JOR
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.