Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Through its coordination office in Amman, ACTED is working in Jordan to meet the needs of the refugee populations in the country, with a shift from lifesaving activities to long-term livelihoods programming. ACTED also provides support to Jordanian host populations and local actors, also affected by the challenges faced by the country, ensuring all can access basic services. In Za’atari camp, Azraq camp and Mafraq, ACTED teams play a key role in the management and coordination of refugee camps, support to informal tented settlement populations and provide emergency assistance to ensure people’s access to food, water and hygiene and sanitation facilities. More broadly, ACTED works with municipalities and community organizations to build capacity and promote sustainable solutions.
You will be in charge of
ACTED is the lead organization in a 6-partner AFD-funded consortium (ACTED, ACF, TDH, RSCN, Phenix and EcoConsult) and sub-grantee, NARC, implementing and economic and livelihoods development project, with a focus on the agricultural sector, in Jordan.
The Consortium MEAL Officer is responsible for the development of a comprehensive and viable consortium-wide Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) framework, that will ensure a consolidated holistic data set for the programme, to facilitate an ongoing results-based management approach and ensure that the program performs as planned. This will also include providing support to the implementing partners, in terms of MEAL capacities and harmonizing approaches/tools across different areas of intervention. While adjusting to the consortium specificities as relevant and appropriate, the MEAL framework should remain in line with ACTED’s global MEAL procedures.
The position will be based in Amman with regular travel to all areas of intervention.
1.Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Systems
- Technical and Systems Development.
- MEAL Implementation and Management
3. Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism
4. MEAL Consortium Coordination
5. Reporting and Grant Management
Expected skills and qualifications
- University Degree in Political Sciences, Public Administration, International Affairs, Economics or a related field (anthropology, sociology, statistics)
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience in humanitarian and/or development organisations
- Experience with participatory appraisals and project cycle management encouraged
- Good organizational and communication skills with international and national staff and rural communities
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and work independently and under pressure
- Excellent communication and drafting skills in English
- Knowledge of the region an asset
- Familiarity with basic office software programs
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 1500 and 1700€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: Consortium MEALO/JOR
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.