Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
Since 2003, ACTED has been working in Iraq to provide humanitarian support to vulnerable populations through a multi-sectoral response to the Syrian refugee crisis and the Iraqi mass displacement challenges. ACTED teams in Iraq implement a comprehensive response ranging from emergency and camp management activities to reconstruction, stabilization, and resilience programmes across 15 governorates.
You will be in charge of
- Act as key ACTED representative on Inclusive Governance in Iraq
- Ensure external representation of ACTED in Inclusive Governance sector, vis-à-vis country and local authorities, other project stakeholders, donors and partners
- Participate in and report (internally) on Inclusive Governance technical and sectoral meetings, clusters and working groups involving all relevant stakeholders such as donors, NGOs, UN Agencies, inter-governmental institutions
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and partners, i.e. NGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, and government counterparts who are working on [sector]
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others.
- Collect and analyse primary and secondary data related to the Inclusive Governance sector in the Iraq;
- Analyse the activities in the Inclusive Governance sector and relevant stakeholders
- Identify the needs of the most vulnerable populations through regular visits and literature review, and through the design and implementation of relevant needs assessments in close collaboration with AMEU
- Lead Inclusive Governance project conceptualization workshops
- Provide technical inputs into proposal design and ensure new or adapted projects for the Inclusive Governance sector focus on maximizing efficiencies, impact and integrated approaches
2.Internal Inclusive Governance Technical Support and Coordination
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent Inclusive Governance strategy across ACTED’s areas of intervention in Iraq
- Promote harmonization of approaches and methodologies across the different Inclusive Governance projects by developing and monitoring use of common tools, as well as creating opportunities for experience sharing and learning
- Brief Project Managers about main Inclusive Governance issues, and updating them on a regular basis.
- Organize internal Inclusive Governance meetings on a monthly basis.
- Define Inclusive Governance project implementation modalities and methodologies (including, but not limited to technical specifications, identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution and sensitization)
- Lead the development of all technical tools related to [sector] projects (ToRs for consultants and evaluators, ad hoc reports, capitalization reports…);
- Analyse the appropriateness, adequacy and potential impact of all interventions in the Inclusive Governance sector based on known contexts and needs
- Provide technical support to the Project Managers and other Inclusive Governance staff to implement the ACTED Inclusive Governance projects to a high quality standard;
- Liaise with Inclusive Governance technical staff on a regular basis to ensure technical assistance is provided to projects when needed
- Disseminate tools, research, best practices and lessons learned internally and externally through publications, networks, working groups, events, and conferences.
Staff Capacity Building
- Participate in the recruitment and training of Inclusive Governance sector staff members
- In coordination with Project Managers identify individual training needs and ensure access to training and professional development opportunities appropriate to the skill gaps and needs
- Provide training to projects teams on ACTED activities and Inclusive Governance best practices
- Develop training material for different trainings to share within the [sector] project teams
- Develop capacity-building programmes for local actors (including partner NGOs and relevant local services providers) on Inclusive Governance
Expected skills and qualifications
- Education/training (2.1.1): University degree (master’s) in social, political, economic science
- Languages (2.1.2): Excellent English skills (C2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), good Arabic skills (B2)
- General professional experience (2.1.3): 8 years of professional experience in the field of peacebuilding, stabilisation and fragility in the context of international cooperation
- Specific professional experience (2.1.4): 5 years of professional experience in strengthening peace infrastructure and dialogue or peacebuilding processes
- Leadership/management experience (2.1.5): 3 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company or INGOs
- Regional experience (2.1.6): 5 years of work experience in the Middle East region, of which 2 years in Iraq (country)
- Development cooperation (DC) experience (2.1.7): 3 years of experience working on DC projects
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
>>>Email Ref: TC/IRQ