Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED Horn of Africa
Acted has been working in Somalia since 2009 in emergency response and resilience-building. With its capital office in Mogadishu and a coordination office in Hargeisa, Acted implements cash, CCCM, food security and livelihoods, peacebuilding and WASH activities across Southwest and Jubaland states of Somalia, and in Somaliland. In 2023, Acted’s main objective is famine prevention and saving lives, with an operational budget of almost 30m EUR and a team of over 200 staff. Acted’s approach is based on dynamic, flexible programming, finding ways to safely and compliantly operate in hard-to-reach areas, and targeting marginalized populations.
You will be in charge of
The Country Transparency and Compliance Manager is a key member of the Management Team at country level. She/He is responsible for Acted audit management in-country under the authority of the Country Director.
She/He is in charge of (i) controlling, on a risk-based audit approach, the implementation of Acted ’s processes in compliance with Acted ’s guidelines, specific donor guidelines, best practices and national regulations in the relevant country; (ii) developing & actively contributing to action plans agreed with country coordination in order to mitigate the identified risks, and to cope with priorities, budget constraints and organizational context.
She/He provides technical support and capacity building to the country FLATS staff to implement the action plan and address the issues.
She/He also provides technical support for donor external audits and due diligences preparation and follow-up.
She/He should comply and ensure compliance to the audit code of conduct.
1. Internal Audit management
- Implement the approved national internal audit plan: conduct and supervise internal audit missions through a risk management approach
- Control the implementation of the Acted standard guidelines and FLAT System at the capital, area and partner’s levels
- Control the compliance with country rules and regulations
- Provide support to mitigate the high risks identified
2. External audit : ensure the external audit and the due diligences preparation and follow up
3. Training sessions / lessons learned / best practices
- Capacity building and Training
- Lessons learn
- Process improvement
4. Transparency/Compliance Management
5. Team Leadership
Expected skills and qualifications
- Postgraduate diploma in Audit, Finance, International Relations, Law or in relation with the position;
- 3-4 years of previous work experience in Audit (external and/or internal), Finance, Logistics, Administration or Law;
- Previous experience in the aid & development sector is an asset;
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required;
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and organizational terms;
- Demonstrate flexibility, dynamism and autonomy;
- Ability to work well and under pressure;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Previous experience abroad is an asset.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 3400 and 3600€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Rest & Recuperation (R&R) every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below, including the reference: T&CM/SOM
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.