Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED Horn of Africa
ACTED is supporting man-made and natural disasters-affected populations in the Horn of Africa by delivering emergency aid and strengthening their resilience. Projects are designed according to the populations’ needs and include activities related to water, sanitation and hygiene, food security and livelihoods, lifesaving cash transfer programmes, camp coordination and camp management, as well as shelter and non-food items activities.
You will be in charge of
The Country Security Officer is supporting directly the Country Security Manager or the Country Logistic and Security Manager in the reporting on context analysis, writing of security documents, and ensuring compliance with security standards. He/she will be in charge of drafting all the ACTED security reporting documents requested in the frame of the activity of the security department and is in charge of the administration of the security department.
Context analysis and risk assesment
Security Assessments, auditing and Operational support
Expected skills and qualifications
- Bachelor or Master Level education in Security studies or another relevant field such as International Relations;
- Excellent analysis and synthesis skills;
- 2-5 years previous work experience in a relevant position;
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required;
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English;
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms;
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure;
- Previous experience in a difficult context.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 1700 and 1900€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: CSO/HOA
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.