For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
ACTED is a leading actor in the fight against cholera in Haiti. Through the establishment of sanitary cords around affected households, distribution of cholera kits and awareness-raising session, ACTED works at containing and preventing the spread of the epidemic. ACTED commitment in Haiti also includes improving access to water and sanitation infrastructures, through the rehabilitation and improvement of hygiene and drinking water supply systems for the population.
In the South and Grande Anse regions, ACTED is also rehabilitating health facilities within the framework of a consortium, with the aim of improving access to maternal and child health. In Grande Anse, which was strongly hit by Hurricane Matthew in 2016, ACTED teams are training masons to build houses that meet para-cyclonic and seismic standards, and helping families rebuild their homes in a safer and more sustainable way. ACTED is also involved in the fight against climate change with the implementation of sustainable agriculture programming in the Artibonite department.
You will be in charge of
The Project Development Manager (PDM) positions ACTED with donors and leads the development of project proposals in line with ACTED’s global and in-country programme strategy, and ensures proper grant management. The PDM ensures smooth internal communication and coordination with relevant departments, and contributes to ACTED external communication strategy.
Positioning and Fundraising
Fundraising and proposal development
- Contract follow-up
- Partner Follow-up
Management and Internal Coordination
- Staff Management
- Internal Coordination and Communication
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations, Development or Political Science
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field, proposals development, grants management and donor relations are required
- Knowledge of the humanitarian aid system and ability to understand the donors systems
- External representation skills
- Ability to coordinate and manage a team
- Teamwork and team building skills, capacity building skills
- Ability to work independently and creatively in a multicultural context
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Previous field experience is required
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 3200 and 3400€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below, including the reference: PDM/HAI
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.