Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Composed of 120 staff, ACTED’s headquarters are located in Paris to support and mainstream the organization’s interventions worldwide.
You will be in charge of
As part of the Investigation Unit, the AML/CFT (Anti Money Laundering Countering the Financing of Terrorism) Vetting Intern, under the direction of the ACTED Group Transparency, Compliance and Investigation (TCI) Director and functional management of the Investigation Manager and Vetting Officer, will contribute to the implementation of ACTED’s third party screening process.
- The AML/CFT Vetting intern will assist in checking the quality and exhaustiveness of the databases;
- The AML/CFT Vetting Intern will contribute to ensure the first level of review of any matches with ACTED third parties on sanctions lists, and escalate those that cannot be deemed a false positive.
- The AML/CFT Vetting intern will assist in ad hoc tasks pertaining to screening, such as vetting and enhanced due diligence of third parties.
Expected skills and qualifications
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in the fields of Political Sciences, International Relations, Law, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or field related to Compliance, Audit, Anti-Money Laundering/Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT), Criminology.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of the AML/CFT regulations.
- Interest, or eager to learn about the regulatory requirements compliance for NGOs.
- Proven ability to research and check information.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to undertake analysis and evaluation of large amounts of data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office technology, with strong Excel data analysis skills.
- Knowledge of third-party screening software, notably of the FinScan Software, is a strong asset.
- Quick learner, highly flexible and adaptive.
- Results oriented, strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills, particularly in cross-cultural environments.
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working with confidential and sensitive information
- Fluency in English language.
- Good knowledge of French.
- Knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset.
- Monthly salary (legal minimum amount) : 850€ nets
- Food Vouchers (9€)
- 50% of transportation costs (Navigo pass) taken in charge
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below, including the reference: VETTINGI/HQ
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.