For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Acted’s head office was set up in Paris in 2000 in order to coordinate the organisation’s activities on a global scale. Today, the head office employs 110 people in the HR, Finance, Programmes, Audit, Security, Logistics & Systems and Communications departments. These departments support the 42 Country Directorates. The head office also acts as a focal point for Acted’s management, namely the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development and the fifteen members of the Board of Directors.
You will be in charge of
Working as part of a team in the HQ of Acted the role holder will be responsible for assisting a number of countries in their application of Acted security processes. They will be required to contribute to the security and safety of Acted staff in a number of areas, as articulated in greater detail below. The role requires an individual capable of working on multiple tasks with competing priorities often with limited information. They will be expected to gain knowledge of a wide variety of contexts and use this to assist Acted staff at country level to implement policy in a meaningful manner. While the role is based in Paris travel will be required, this may include to higher risk locations with arduous living conditions.
- Contribute to the implementation of ACTED security strategy
Expected skills and qualifications
- Education to at least M1 level (masters) in a social science, with geopolitical studies being desirable and risk management being highly desirable.
- CSMP / CSSP or other risk management qualifications are highly desirable.
- Information Technology – the role requires the individual to be technically competent in the full suite of Microsoft Office products, including the ability to use excel. This ability will be tested during the recruitment phase.
- Analysis – there is no formal requirement for qualifications in analysis, however the role requires the individual to be able to produce regular analysis of risk therefore prior experience in a similar role or training in quantitative and qualitative analysis are deeded to be highly desirable.
- Delivery – the ability to deliver / impart knowledge to both internal and external stakeholders via verbal, visual and written briefings. Examples or prior work will be required.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary defined by the Acted salary grid depending on education level, expertise – between 2200e and 2400e net per month
- Affiliation to health inssurance
- Food allowance on working days
- 50% of Navigo pass taken in charge
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below, including the reference: SECUO/HQ
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.