Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Composed of 120 staff, ACTED’s headquarters are located in Paris to support and mainstream the organization’s interventions worldwide.
You will be in charge of
The Programmes Intern will support Acted’s Director of Programmes in numerous aspects of his functions, and the general activity of the department.
- Collect and analyze lessons learnt and best practices form field operations in order to promote active learning and improve program quality and effectiveness.
- Assist in the preparation of program technical guidance notes, including translation (French – English), editing, proof-reading, and formatting.
- Conduct background research, review latest publications and write synthesis reports for field teams so that the information can be used to bring innovation into program design and implementation.
- Assist the Program Director in identifying new opportunities for program development.
- Maintain and update the program section on the server and the ACTED intranet.
- Draft general correspondence and responses to enquiries and field requests for information.
- When required, represent the Director of Programmes at meetings and workshops.