For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Acted’s head office was set up in Paris in 2000 in order to coordinate the organisation’s activities on a global scale. Today, the head office employs 110 people in the HR, Finance, Programmes, Audit, Security, Logistics & Systems and Communications departments. These departments support the 42 Country Directorates. The head office also acts as a focal point for Acted’s management, namely the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development and the fifteen members of the Board of Directors.
You will be in charge of
As part of the Investigation Unit, the Investigation Officer will be in charge, under the direction of the Acted Group Transparency, Compliance and Investigation (TCI) Director, and under the line management of the Investigation Manager of contributing to the Investigation Unit transparency alerts management, screening as well as any other related tasks.
The Investigation Officer is in charge of implementing ACTED’s Third-Party Screening process on a dedicated geographical area under the supervision of the Vetting Officer, this includes notably:
a) Process daily Annex IV requests on a dedicated geographical area;
b) Process monthly databases on a dedicated geographical area;
c) Contribute to the review of the process implementation of the third-party anti-terrorism screening process;
d) Contribute to investigation in case of suspected hits;
e) Contribute to trainings on screening delivered to ACTED missions and at HQ level – including for newcomers in the Investigation Unit at HQ level in close link with the Investigation team in HQ and in close link with HR regulations and training policies;
f) Contribute to regular screening operations on needs basis and/or upon request by the line manager.
The investigation officer will participate, under the direct supervision of the investigation manager, in the evaluation and processing of fraud alerts. S/he will contribute to:
a) Update the transparency register and analysing data:
– Recording the alerts transferred by the Investigation Manager as soon as possible (opening of cases);
– The development of reports and statistics (e.g. the transparency register dashboard);
b) Follow-up of cases transferred by the investigating officer:
– Evaluation of the level of sensitivity of the initial alert;
– Determination of an investigation plan and follow-up with the field teams;
– Review of investigation reports;
– Closing of cases (final communication to the field, final update on the headquarters server; final update on the transparency register);
c) Recommendation and lessons learned
– Contribute to the follow-up of recommendations concerning the internal controlsystem in relation to the services concerned in order to reduce vulnerability to fraud and abuse;
– Contributing to the development of processes and systems to follow up on findings related to failures, weaknesses and gaps in internal systems and recommendations for corrective action identified during fraud investigations.
3) Trainings (anti-fraud sensitization trainings, fraud investigation methodology, screening process):
S/he will contribute to the develop and deliver trainings.
a) Sensitization of ACTED staff and implementing partners on anti-fraud mechanisms, in close collaboration with functional departments;
b) Sensitization of ACTED staff and specific implementing partners to the ACTED third-party screening process;
c) Contribute to the development of training materials on fraud investigation methodology for country coordination and senior management;
4) Reporting, support and other tasks:
a) Contribute to reports and presentations for the ACTED Group Transparency, Compliance and Investigation Director, HQ and/or Country Directors, Board and Audit Committee meetings related to screening, fraud investigation and hotline performance and effectiveness (e.g. data collection, statistics);
b) Translation of documents, reports, memos upon request of the line manager;
c) Support to the TCI team in HQ on request of the line manager and depending on needs;
Any other tasks as requested by the line manager.