Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
ACTED’s headquarter has been established in Paris in 2000 to coordinate the organization’s interventions on a more global scale. Today the HQ is composed of around 100 people in the HR, Finance, Programs, Audit, Security, Logistics & Systems and Communication departments. These departments provide support to the missions on the field (in 37 countries) composed of 430 expatriates and more than 4,800 national staff. The HQ in also the focal point for ACTED’s upper management, including the CEO, the Director of Development and the fifteen members of the Board of Directors.
You will be in charge of
Monitoring of internal control mechanisms
- Support the effective implementation of systems, rules and procedures, with a quality approach but also with a view to external auditing
- Gather, compile and analyze financial, logistical and administrative information
- Participation in risk analysis, follow-up and implementation of recommendations made and approved.
Internal audit follow-up
- Participate in the review of the internal audit report and FU of the recommendations
Follow-up of the external audit
- Ensure the preparation of external audits and assist the auditors
Follow-up of procedures
- Participate in strengthening internal control systems, rules and procedures, based on existing internal procedures and applicable rules and laws defined by institutional donors
- In conjunction with the Audit Manager, improve and monitor the reporting and follow-up mechanisms of the internal control systems
Follow-up of the department
- Participation in the country internal controllers’ network
Follow-up of action plans established by the Regional Auditors and/or the Audit Manager during their field missions.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Education: Business school, Finance / Management Control, Audit, Sciences Po, MBA. Level of study required: BAC+3/5.
- Ability to synthesize and a strong taste for analysis.
- Ability to formalize, write, communicate and report.
- Analytical skills and ability to propose solutions to problems encountered.
- Flexibility, dynamism, autonomy. Good interpersonal skills.
- Interest in international relief and development programs.
- Excellent level of English, written and spoken (daily contact with local teams).
- Knowledge of internal control and audit issues.
Available 6 months full time.
- Monthly salary (legal minimum amount) : 700€ nets
- Food Vouchers (9€)
- 50% of transportation costs taken in charge
>>>Email Ref: AUDITI / HQ