Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Composed of 120 staff, ACTED’s headquarters are located in Paris to support and mainstream the organization’s interventions worldwide.
You will be in charge of
The Coordinator for Collaborative Incubation and Innovation Spaces, based at ACTED HQ, is responsible to develop and promote 3Zero Houses (3ZH) and related activities in targeted/priority countries aligned with ACTED’s global 3ZH flagship initiative and ACTED’s overall 3Zero Program strategy. The position supports the in country 3Zero House Coordinators (where present) and country level teams to develop and roll out local 3ZH concepts from inception to implementation, including guidance on strategic themes or pillars within the 3ZHs, identification and relationship maintenance of global partners (where relevant), support and oversight of workplans, and ensuring alignment with the global 3Zero House vision. This could include development of strategic direction and fundraising opportunities including donor and private sector presentations for the 3ZHouses in collaboration with the country 3ZH and project development teams; support to the development of a sustainable business case for 3Zero Houses; and to support local and global advocacy and communication efforts related to the 3Zero House initiative including the development of communication materials in collaboration with ACTEDs HQ 3Zero Communication and Mobilization Department. The Coordinator for Collaborative Incubation and Innovation Spaces will also oversee global level content creation within the 3ZH, and when possible, ensure access of materials developed by country teams are incorporated into ACTED’s technical capacities within the houses. The position will serve as an ambassador and promoter of ACTED’s 3Zero vision at HQ level and with external stakeholders and coordinate between various 3ZH operations. The position is part of ACTED’s Programme Department and will report to ACTED HQ Technical Director for Flagship and Environmental Programs.
- Mainstream 3Zero House and 3Zero Strategic Vision across ACTED programming
- Positioning, and Partnerships
- 3ZH Project Development, Planning and Implementation Follow-up
- Fundraising and External Relations
Expected skills and qualifications
- 2-4 years work experience as a community manger or a similar role (e.g. working in a coworking space, business incubator or accelerator)
- Previous work experience with NGO or social entrepreneur community
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven experience in networking and relation-building
- Experience managing corporate social media campaigns
- Experience with written content generation in a business environment and basic graphic design skills are a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Passion for the entrepreneurial community
- Equal ability to work autonomously and on a team
- Good time-management, priority setting, deadline achievement
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 2900€ and 3000€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education & expertise Affiliation to AG2R health insurance
- Food vouchers (“tickets restaurant”) when in HQ, 50% coverage of Paris transportation costs (Navigo Pass)
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse as well as a monthly living allowance of $300 per month during field visits
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below, including the reference: 3ZHM/HQ
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.