Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since 2012 with a coordination office in Sanaa, and 4 area offices in Ibb, Sa’ada, Aden and Al Hudaydah. The INGO intervenes in ten governorates of the country (Al Dhale’e, Al Hudaydah, Al Jawf, Ibb, Raymah, Sa’ada, Taizz, Hajja, Dhamar, Lahj), riddled by conflict since 2015. The charity provides emergency response, as well as deliver rehabilitation and development projects with WASH, shelter, food security and agriculture programming, camp coordination and camp management, economic recovery and market systems, cash and voucher programming.
After the start of the conflict, ACTED shifted strongly towards emergency programming, while remaining committed to longer-term livelihood and development strategies. The teams pursue programming in response to emergencies while building disaster resilience, co-constructing effective governance, and promoting inclusive and sustainable growth. Using a multi-sector approach, ACTED aims to comprehensively meet the needs of the most vulnerable displaced and host communities.
You will be in charge of
- validate overall project implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials
- Ensure project kick-off and close-out meetings are implemented
2.Project Implementation Follow-up
- Oversee the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation
- Ensure budget utilization and physical target achievements are reviewed at least once a month as per work plan
- Ensure project implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with relevant ACTED technical guidelines and standards
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation
3.Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Review the BFU(s) and provide accurate forecasts with BOQs
- Forecast monthly cash requirements of the project and submit to AC
- Contribute to the development of Procurement plans
- Ensure accurate and precise order forms are submitted to Logistic department in a timely manner
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks
- Participate in the recruitment of technical staff (development of organigrams, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc)
- Ensure that project staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities
- Manage the project staff in cooperation with Area Coordinators
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management
- Ensure capacity building among staff in relevant sectors
- Ensure project records and documents (Flat files, beneficiary list, donation certificates, attendance sheets etc) are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to ACTED procedures
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct and FLATS procedures
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings
- Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Where relevant, liaise with donors and work closely with partners on project updates, site visits and other communication
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of project activities
- Ensure lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in project planning and decision making
- Advise on, and assist with, project reviews conducted by AMEU
- Ensure quality control, analysis of added-value and impact, identification and capitalization on best practices and lessons learnt and provide relevant feedback for new project development
- Identify and analyse gaps, ACTED’s added value, synergies and opportunities in the areas the project(s) is / are implemented and pass relevant information to the N+1
- Draft (internal) narrative reports and contribute to the development of financial reports through regular budgetary follow up.
- Contribute to drafting of (external) project progress reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations or Development
- At least 3 years previous in conflict affected settings in a project management/coordination role required;
- Previous experience applying do no harm and protection mainstreaming principles in programs;
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience an asset
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
Join our team today! Send your application in just a few steps. It will be quickly and carefully considered.
Alternatively, send your application by email under Ref: EPC/YEM