Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED Democratic Republic of the Congo
The Democratic Republic has the Congo is still affected by the consequences of decades of civil war. In precarios situation, IDPs suffer from chronical food insecurity and/or diseases linked ot lack of access to water, hygiene and sanitation. Since 2003, ACTED acts mainly to respond to emergencies, reinforce the population’s resilience, co-creating an effective governance and promoting an inclusive and sustainble growth. Intervening mostly in the areas of South Kivu, Tanganyika and North with projects financed by BHA (Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance), FH (Fond Humanitaire), ECHO (European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations) and FCDO (Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office), ACTED brings a flexible and adapted emergency response to the complex and acute humanitarian crisis by assisting the most vulnerable populations. With projects ongoing in these several areas, ACTED seeks to response to their basic needs in terms of accommodation (shelter), food security, NFIs or access to water while ensuring the promotion of a protective environment.
You will be in charge of
Under the supervision of the Country Transparency and Compliance Manager / Officer (in any) or Country Director:
Facilitate the implementation of the ACTED standard guidelines and FLATS System in the country
- Follow-up of the Compliance process at base level by ensuring the monthly flow of documentation from the Area to the Capital office;
- Participate in IP due diligence for all IP prior to their engagement;
- Follow-up of the compliance process at implementing partner level by ensuring the monthly flow of documentation from the implementing partner to the Capital office;
- Support the National FLAT officer/participate in compiling and filing all project related financial, logistics, administrative, HR, and programme information in the designated project Compliance folder.
- Support the FLAT officer in identifying the compliance issues by filling the compliance checklists (FLA 01 and FLA 02)
- Link with the other departments and share the compliance issues identified and the action plan to mitigate the risk
- Contribute to the follow-up of the action plan
- Contribute to the monthly update of the FLAT Folder follow up (FLA-03)
- Contribute to the Monthly Compliance Report and the Audit TITANIC.
- Perform Market surveys (FLA-05) upon the request of the Country Director or Regional Auditor.
Facilitate the external audit preparation and the due diligences
- Contribute to the preparation of external audits and due diligences in close collaboration with the HQ Audit Department;
- Issue draft of the External Audit preparation (AUD-01) and ensure the update of Project, FLAT & External Audit Follow-up (AUD-00);
- In close relation with the Country Director and the Country Finance Manager, facilitate the audit (kick off and close out meetings of each external audit);
- Draft ACTED Management responses to the audit report, to be reviewed by the Country Risk and Compliance Manager / Officer (in any) or the Country Director first and then by the HQ Audit Department. Follow-up the reception of the signed audit report;
- Contribute to the update of the External Audit Recommendations follow up (AUD-02) and to the implementation of the recommendations from external audits.
Contribute to the implementation of the approved national internal audit plan
- Facilitate the drafting of the Terms of reference
- Participate to internal audit missions and conduct checks based on the internal audit checklists
- Provide a drafted audit report and action plan
- Facilitate the recommendation follow-up
Training sessions / lessons learn / best practices
Capacity building and Training
- During the audit mission, when a gap in know-how or a need for clarifications are identified, provide practical training on specific areas of ACTED procedures.
- Contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through audit activities (internal and external audits) among international and national staff;
- Organize and facilitate learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt when an external/internal audit is done or as required;
- Document and share the lessons learnt and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of ATED’s compliance.
- Participate in positive working environment and good team dynamics among Audit staff in the country;
- Ensure that the Audit teams in the country retain all that is distinctive about ACTED including the organizations values and beliefs, global identity, coherence and consistency, and independence and impartiality.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Postgraduate diploma in Audit, Finance, International Relations, Law or in relation with the position
- Ability to summarize, writing, communication and reporting skills
- Analytical skills and ability to propose solutions to problems encountered
- Demonstrate flexibility, dynamism and autonomy
- Interest in international relief and development programmes
- Knowledge of internal control and audit related issues
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
Status : volunteer
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse
- Flights tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
>>>Email Ref: T&CV/RDC