For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
ACTED Democratic Republic of the Congo
The Democratic Republic has the Congo is still affected by the consequences of decades of civil war. In precarios situation, IDPs suffer from chronical food insecurity and/or diseases linked ot lack of access to water, hygiene and sanitation. Since 2003, Acted acts mainly to respond to emergencies, reinforce the population’s resilience, co-creating an effective governance and promoting an inclusive and sustainble growth. Intervening mostly in the areas of South Kivu, Tanganyika and North with projects financed by BHA (Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance), FH (Fond Humanitaire), ECHO (European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations) and FCDO (Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office), Acted brings a flexible and adapted emergency response to the complex and acute humanitarian crisis by assisting the most vulnerable populations. With projects ongoing in these several areas, Acted seeks to response to their basic needs in terms of accommodation (shelter), food security, NFIs or access to water while ensuring the promotion of a protective environment.
You will be in charge of
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Volunteer supports the MEAL Manager/Officer in the development and implementation of appropriate and viable monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems that are in line with the Acted’s global MEAL procedures.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a consolidated MEAL frameworkand work plan for all ongoing projects;
- Contribute to the effective deployment of MEAL tools and reporting systems;
- Contribute to the development of terms of reference and mission plans by conducting surveys, audits and evaluations;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate data collection, analysis tools and methodologies.
- Contribute to the supervision of data collection activities;
- Contribute to the maintenance of electronic and/or paper records for tracking and reporting of all quantitative and qualitative data and information.
- Analyze MEAL data and produce reports, fact sheets including useful statistical analysis and presentations.
- Contribute to the organization and facilitation of learning sessions to capture best practices and lessons learned;
- Contribute to the documentation and sharing of lessons learned & best practices, and ensure that the knowledge gained is used to improve projects and impact the development strategy of future projects and activities.
Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM)
- Contribute to the implementation of the Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) of the mission’s beneficiaries in accordance with Acted’s standard CRM procedures.
- Participate, when possible, in MEAL related working groups and conferences and regularly learn about best practices and new knowledge in the MEAL sector;
- Participate in any other activity assigned by the direct manager.
Expected skills and qualifications
- University Degree in Political Sciences, Public Administration, International Affairs, Economics or a related field (anthropology, sociology, statistics);
- Knowledge of field-based data collection methods;
- Design, Monitoring and Evaluation experience in humanitarian/development settings will be an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Terms of reference For more information about the position, click here .
- 300 USD per month living allowance
- Coverage of all accommodation, guesthouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg
- The provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Psychological assistance
Join us Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: MEALV/RDC
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.