Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED Democratic Republic of the Congo
The Democratic Republic has the Congo is still affected by the consequences of decades of civil war. In precarios situation, IDPs suffer from chronical food insecurity and/or diseases linked ot lack of access to water, hygiene and sanitation. Since 2003, ACTED acts mainly to respond to emergencies, reinforce the population’s resilience, co-creating an effective governance and promoting an inclusive and sustainble growth. Intervening mostly in the areas of South Kivu, Tanganyika and North with projects financed by BHA (Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance), FH (Fond Humanitaire), ECHO (European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations) and FCDO (Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office), ACTED brings a flexible and adapted emergency response to the complex and acute humanitarian crisis by assisting the most vulnerable populations. With projects ongoing in these several areas, ACTED seeks to response to their basic needs in terms of accommodation (shelter), food security, NFIs or access to water while ensuring the promotion of a protective environment.
You will be in charge of
1. Tools Development
– Contribute to the development and maintenance of a consolidated M&E frameworkand work plan for all ongoing projects;
– Contribute to the effective deployment of M&E tools and reporting systems;
– Contribute to the development of terms of reference and mission plans by conducting surveys, audits and evaluations;
– Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate data collection, analysis tools and methodologies.
2. Data Collection
– Contribute to the supervision of data collection activities;
– Contribute to the maintenance of electronic and/or paper records for tracking and reporting of all quantitative and qualitative data and information.
3. Data Analysis
– Analyze M&E data and produce reports, fact sheets including useful statistical analysis and presentations.
– Contribute to the organization and facilitation of learning sessions to capture best practices and lessons learned;
– Contribute to the documentation and sharing of lessons learned & best practices, and ensure that the knowledge gained is used to improve projects and impact the development strategy of future projects and activities.
5. Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM)
– Contribute to the implementation of the Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) of the mission’s beneficiaries in accordance with ACTED’s standard CRM procedures.
– Participate, when possible, in M&E related working groups and conferences and regularly learn about best practices and new knowledge in the M&E sector;
– Participate in any other activity assigned by the direct manager.