Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries.
Since 2012, ACTED has been implementing projects with vulnerable communities in Syria with a two-fold approach: ACTED provides life-saving support to vulnerable displaced persons, returnees, and host communities across Syria, through multi-sectorial rapid emergency services, and implements a wide range of resilience building interventions. Thus, ACTED has been able to strengthen its links with Syrian local communities and to develop an in-depth knowledge of local dynamics. A team of 900+ is currently working in theNorth and South Syria, with a coordination office in Amman.
Expected skills and qualifications
- BSc or MSc in agricultural sciences, animal husbandry, rural development or similar (relevant field experience can substitute for academic qualifications but not vice-versa).
- 5 years of experience in food security and livelihood project management in an international relief or development setting, ideally working on: agricultural systems; livestock development; natural resource and land degradation management; resilience to climate change
- At least 2 years of practical experience working on farms, ideally mixed production units in arid conditions, and must have included livestock management.
- Experience working on business and entrepreneurial development projects
- Ability to capitalise on past experience and information available within the organisation in order to become self-sufficient and autonomous quickly.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
- Ability to train and coach both international and national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
- Experience of co-chairing clusters or technical working groups
- Experience of working in the Middle East
- Ability to speak Arabic
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
Join our team today! Send your application in just a few steps. It will be quickly and carefully considered.
Alternatively, send your application by email under Ref: FSL TC/WOS