Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
ACTED Central African Republic
ACTED opened its mission in the Central African Republic (CAR) in 2013 in response to internal violence in the country. ACTED teams are mobilized in Ouham Pendé, Ouaka, Basse Kotto, Mbomou, Haut Mbomou as well as in Bangui to provide emergency relief to the most vulnerable, support displaced populations and to strengthen the resilience of populations and local authorities. Rapid response mechanisms to emergencies are currently deployed in CAR as well as integrated support programming for the sustainable return of displaced persons, and resilience building.
You will be in charge of
- Act as key ACTED representative on food security in CAR
- Ensure external representation of ACTED in food security, vis-à-vis country and local authorities, other project stakeholders, donors and partners
- Participate in and report (internally) on food security technical and sectoral meetings, clusters and working groups involving all relevant stakeholders such as donors, NGOs, UN Agencies, inter-governmental institutions
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and partners, i.e. NGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, and government counterparts who are working on food security
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others.
- Collect and analyse primary and secondary data related to the [sector] sector in CAR
- Analyse the activities in the food security and relevant stakeholders
- Identify the needs of the most vulnerable populations through regular visits and literature review, and through the design and implementation of relevant needs assessments in close collaboration with AMEU
- Lead food security project conceptualization workshops
- Provide technical inputs into proposal design and ensure new or adapted projects for the food security sector focus on maximizing efficiencies, impact and integrated approaches
2.Internal Food security Technical Support and Coordination
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent food security strategy across ACTED’s areas of intervention in CAR
- Promote harmonization of approaches and methodologies across the different food security projects by developing and monitoring use of common tools, as well as creating opportunities for experience sharing and learning
- Brief Project Managers about main food security issues, and updating them on a regular basis.
- Organize internal food securitymeetings on a monthly basis.
- Define food security project implementation modalities and methodologies (including, but not limited to technical specifications, identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution and sensitization)
- Lead the development of all technical tools related to [sector] projects (ToRs for consultants and evaluators, ad hoc reports, capitalization reports…);
- Analyse the appropriateness, adequacy and potential impact of all interventions in the food security sector based on known contexts and needs
- Provide technical support to the Project Managers and other food security staff to implement the ACTED food security projects to a high quality standard;
- Liaise with food securitytechnical staff on a regular basis to ensure technical assistance is provided to projects when needed
- Disseminate tools, research, best practices and lessons learned internally and externally through publications, networks, working groups, events, and conferences.
Staff Capacity Building
- Participate in the recruitment and training of food security sector staff members
- In coordination with Project Managers identify individual training needs and ensure access to training and professional development opportunities appropriate to the skill gaps and needs
- Provide training to projects teams on ACTED activities and food security best practices
- Develop training material for different trainings to share within the food security project teams
- Develop capacity-building programmes for local actors (including partner NGOs and relevant local services providers) on food security
Expected skills and qualifications
- Degree in relevant field of expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in project implementation on the field, preferably in an international context;
- Being a strong team player;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Fluent English skills required;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience is an asset.
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
>>>Email Ref: TC Sécal/RCA